My name is Michael Perkins and I love things that are simple and honest.
I started this blog because:
- I think that handwriting is art.
- I believe in the message I share.
- I want to create things that matter.
- I believe we complicate things that are simple.
- I want to change the world…for the better.
The things that I share and create here are the very things that I am wrestling with myself.
Originally from Wheelersburg, Ohio I went to college in Kansas on a baseball scholarship. After hurting my elbow my freshman year I moved back home to Ohio to study History and Political Science.
A few months later a girl moved to Ohio so that we could get married. And on March 15, 2003 I married the love of my life.
I now live with my wife, April, and son, Ethan, in Natchitoches, Louisiana where I pastor LightWay: A Church of the Nazarene.
I am available to speak at events, conferences, and retreats on topics ranging from creativity to spiritual growth.
Connect with me at the following places:
Some people have asked me what types of tools I use to blog, so here they are:
- Content Management: Self Hosted WordPress
- Hosting: NewBlogHosting
- Theme: Standard Theme
- My Other Project: Drip Jesus
If this blog inspires, motivates, or challenges you please let me know by sending me an email. I’d love to hear about it.