If you do not plan to immediately write the material, make sure that your records were well kept and in a place where you have them then it is easy to find.
Types of interview
- Interview have an eyewitness. Key questions – What? Where? How? When? Very important is the accuracy of the details, so it is necessary to dig as carefully as possible. Well, if the event can ask several eyewitnesses.
- Opinion about anything. The main question – WHY?
- Interview confrontation.
- Completely deliberately run up to the conflict, to hook the source, you do not agree with him.
- Press Conference. Learn in advance the duration of the press conference. Do not wait for a pause so that you can ask your question. It may not be. Use the opportunity to ask the question after the conference, persistently, but without stopping battering object in the path of the press center. Remember that the main participant of the press conference – a journalist!
Make sure in advance to gather information about the object from his friends, relatives, colleagues, friends, enemies, etc. Advance reservation with the object of time allowed for conversation. Try to highlight the personality of your character sketch from different sides. It is important to prepare questions. Do not hesitate to clarify the points that you are not well understood. Ask the terms, names, numbers, dates, write down his own. Pre-arrange a control call for further details.
Types of questions
By content: About knowledge; about opinion; on the facts.
Productive, i.e. the answer to which you want to get from the source, to get his opinion or to obtain information from him. These questions realize the purpose of your interview.
Functional bearing the additional burden that perform additional functions:
Establishing contact and cooperation with the interviewee
Removing stress in the course of the conversation (easy questions)
Check interlocutor competence, his awareness on this issue and as a source of reliable information. Filtering and control questions.
Clarification of the information received and the statements of the hero interview
Training journalists to the next question. “Distracting” issues that give journalists time trying to find their way.
Selection of character.
Training on the subject.
Making contact with the hero of the interview (adaptive to the situation and person)
Preparing questions (basic alternatives, contingencies). It is desirable to prepare two versions of the list of issues: the full program and an abridged version.
The list of prohibitions
- Questions that allow one-word response (closed questions)
- Replacement of an affirmative proposition question.
- The two questions in one.
- Supercharged question.
- Suggestive questions.
- The issue of self-assessment.
- Exaggeration in question (bloating events)
- Too difficult to understand questions.