Children do not like that
- Their serious remarks served as a funny or humorous (that causes laughter in adults but not in children);
- Media material to give it interest include “unusually intelligent child”;
- The media abuse photographs and biographies of children in distress, to soften the public. It does not increase respect for her children, and self-esteem in the past;
- The media treat children patronizing and use against them condescending tontine;
- Adults speak on behalf of children, even in cases when they are better informed in the discussion;
- Children are forced to act like trained animals in a circus;
- Adults show the ignorance of children;
- Adults put in the mouth of children words that they should speak or interrupt them;
- Children represent passive despite the fact;
- All children are mixed in a problematic group called “young people”.
Children want to
- They are encouraged to themselves, without the intervention of adults to talk about themselves;
- To be treated as equals, as representatives of the human race, what are we all;
- Interested in their opinions about the materials appearing in the media;
- Using media channels, they could freely converse with adults and other children;
- They have seen the person with your thoughts, hobbies and concerns;
- Valued their experience – in fact, in spite of the young age, they already know a lot about life;
- They can be themselves and not what they want to see the surrounding;
- To their judgments taken seriously.
To be able to hear the children
When interviewing children importantly – listening, to be able to hear that absorbing their words, hiding behind them to catch thoughts and feelings. It happens that a child has a story to tell – but why would he try to, if the person does not hear it? Moreover, children well is trapped and never will scramble in front of the man who does not know how to listen to them. The more you succeed in this art, the better it will develop your work with children.
While we are strikingly often heard, such remarks we held children on the poll: “For the first time we are asked what we think.” In addition, one extremely advanced and intelligent girl of 10 years old, living in Northern Ireland, said: “I never told anyone how to relate to clashes in Belfast Nothing good, I think, they are not, but hardly anyone would. Listen to your bed-children. “Why did no one gave her a chance to say this before?
In addition, whether you have seen many stories that tell of children’s views on the war in Chechnya. Nevertheless, they – not only full-fledged citizens of the country today, but also tomorrow’s recruits, voters and taxpayers.
Start with yourself
In addition, you know how to listen? During the interview, you are interested in what the interviewee says, or you focus only on your own questions and answers?
Do you like to listen to people, and you often have a desire to break them?
Do you like children? Do you like to communicate with them?
Can you take children seriously as people with thoughts and feelings inherent mi?
Can you ask the children what to do to solve the discussed problem of th?
Can you accept the fact that some of the children are better informed than you, and do not be frightened?
Can you accept the fact that the conversation with children can refute your preconceived me-nie?
If in doubt about the legitimacy of these issues, or some of them, try to remember their own childhood. Does the adult you serious? If so, what do you thus have? Why do some of the adults you do not feel awkward talking to them, but laid-back? Do they have some special advantages?
You must be aware of what you have strengths and weaknesses, because they game out an important role in the process of communicating with children. Moreover, children can smell them from a distance.